Digital marketing has seen a boom in the last decade with an increasing number of people choosing online shopping over physical shopping. In India, digital marketing is growing at an average annual rate of 25% to 30%. According to estimates, India has over 825.3 million users of the internet which means over half of the country’s population is navigating the unlimited expanse of the internet. The expanding potential of digital marketing has made it essential for businesses- whether old or young, large or small, to get into the game and compete with the best.
However, many businesses, even though boast an elaborate social media presence, fail to showcase their brand through a website. A website is a game changer when it comes to devising a successful marketing strategy- one that can decide the fate of a business, in many situations.
Through this blog, we are going to explore the primary benefits of creating an effective website for the success of your digital marketing strategy.
- Category 1: Brand
- Brand Credibility : Yes! With a plethora of businesses leveraging the online space for their business operations, it is important to stand out from the crowd. And what better than to do that through being viewed as more credible and authentic? A website tends to help legitimize any business since it is an avenue to display transparent information such as contact details and address, amongst others, which is important for customers to view you as reliable and trustworthy.
- Brand Identity : There cannot be a better place to build your brand identity online! A website is a place where you have the space to showcase a wide array of information such as your vision, mission, values, background story, products, upcoming events or product launches, and a lot of other information that will cultivate an image of your brand in the minds of the audience. When the users know what your business stands for and is built on, they develop an instinctive connect with your business leading to creation of a strong brand identity.Hence, a strong brand identity becomes a foundation stone for brand loyalty and brand awareness.
2. Category 2: Product
- Facilitates Product Sales : Needless to say, sales are undoubtedly the most important objective of any business. Wouldn’t you agree? A website is a direct channel to sell your products which makes it incredibly important. By hosting an online store on your website with payment gateways, you can ensure that your business is generating high volumes of sales while making sure that customer experience is at its peak.
- Product Information : Depending on the industry and product, it may become imperative to offer elaborate details which is effectively possible on a website. Along with details, you may also offer a virtual experience to your customers before they decide to become a paying customer such as a virtual tour of your hotel or a virtual trial of your clothing or accessories. A website is one of the most flexible, versatile and comprehensive platforms to display product information.
3. Category 3: Analytics and Lead Generation
- Developing a Customer Base : The importance of lead generation is largely underestimated; however, it is one of the most effective ways of building a customer base for your business. Through opt-in lead generation techniques such as newsletter subscriptions and event registrations, you can create a valuable database of customers who you can send product information to and engage continuously with your brand such as through competitions, offers, events and other methods.The benefit of creating a website are immense and the ones listed above are just the tip of the iceberg. When it comes to the advantages of a website, let’s just say that your business may be incomplete without one. However, it is not just any
Leave a Reply