Marketing is a crucial part of any business. Owing to the technological advancements, we have the advantage of digital marketing besides traditional marketing. Although traditional marketing is important, digital marketing has many benefits over conventional marketing that make it worth exploring. In this article, we will look at the relative benefits of digital marketing over traditional marketing but let’s first understand the ingredients of digital marketing.
What are digital marketing and its ingredients?
Digital marketing refers to the process of promoting your business/product/service through digital tools. While traditional marketing was limited to TV ads, posters, mailouts, etc., digital marketing has a broad network of powerful ways to promote your business. The ingredients of digital marketing include SEO (Search Engine Optimization), SEM, web tracking, social media marketing, and much more.
Now after knowing the basics of digital marketing, let’s move onto the benefits of digital marketing over conventional marketing.
Benefits of Digital Marketing over Traditional Marketing (How is digital marketing better than traditional marketing (Benefits of digital marketing)
- Effective in engaging clients: DIgital marketing is proven to be more effective in engaging clients than traditional marketing. This is because, in digital marketing, your brand name gets imprinted on your customer’s mind, but in conventional marketing, you have to make efforts again and again. For example, suppose you have used posters for your promotion. In that case, some might read, some might not, but if your website is optimized for SEO, it is likely that whenever someone searches the keyword, your site will appear again and again, and it will leave a lasting impression.
- Measurable results: Another benefit of digital marketing is that you can measure the results of your marketing. Many social media websites come with daily or weekly statistics about your page’s engagement that helps you to measure the results. But you can’t figure out this in traditional marketing.
- Customize your product according to customers: In digital marketing, you can interact with the customers and know what your product is lagging in. They can comment on what you post, tell you what they specifically look for, etc. But this is impossible in traditional marketing; e.g., If you have used posters for your marketing and something in the posters customers do not understand, they can’t even ask you. Still, it’s easy to find people asking price, details, sizes, etc., in comments in digital marketing.
- Accessible and reaches a larger audience: Another benefit of digital marketing is that it is accessible for everyone. You don’t need to spend a lot of money on ads, posters; only an innovative post on social media can do wonders for your business if designed appropriately. Also, it can reach a larger audience due to the ‘forward’ feature, but that’s not the case with traditional marketing, where only words of mouth can spread the business to a larger audience.
- Adaptable: The best part of digital marketing is that it is flexible. For instance, if you find out that this content on my web page or social media page is not doing wonders or is not attracting an audience, you can change that easily. You can match with the trends like IPL, memes, etc., to promote your product or service, but this is not easy in traditional marketing. If you find out that the ad you invested in is not attracting customers, you have to spend that much money again, which makes it an unfavorable option for small businesses.
- Improved conversion rates: Conversion rates refer to those who buy your product or service after visiting your website. In Traditional marketing conversion rate is low because it reached only a few people, and those few people don’t pay attention to that product or don’t find that service easily.
But in digital marketing, that’s not the case. You can easily convert your website visitors into leads by providing them with the link. For instance, if I am a customer and I am attracted to your product due to an ad, but I don’t know how I can get that product, it is likely to forget about it, .but on social media, if I find something interesting. It has an attachable link for purchase; I can easily buy.
Digital marketing is an excellent way to promote your brand. Given its so many benefits over traditional marketing that we saw in this article, it is important to give it a preference.
Leave a Reply