What is responsive web design?
Responsive Web design refers to a design that helps your website adapt according to diverse screens like laptops, mobiles, computers etc. and varied window size and versions. It not only makes you viewer-friendly but also helps you in SEO. Search Engine Optimization is important for every website to gain popularity, visibility and get leads.
How is a responsive website likely to come out on top?
Following is a list of ways through which a responsive web design can give you SEO benefits.
- Those websites which have a responsive web design are more likely to appear in top results because Google also favours those sites that meet google users’ needs. An adaptive web design will suit both desktops and mobile phone users, thereby meeting google users’ needs.
- Increase in ‘time spent on page : A user-friendly page will get more users, and they would like to stay on that page more if it is easier to read and navigate. It’s natural that if your site is visited frequently and visitors are getting a good experience, then the Search engine will show you the top results.
- Positive reviews, traffic and increase in searches: A good customer experience due to responsive web design leads to positive reviews. It will directly enhance your web page ranking. This can also lead to the success of the business in the form of more conversion rates.
- Faster page speed: Page loading time impacts the ranking of the website. Even Google prescribes a quick loading for better rankings in search engine results. One of the best ways to get faster page speed is having a responsive web design. This helps the page to load faster and helps in raising your website ranking.
- Impact on the rate at which users leave your site: if the web design is not responsive, the users will leave your site within a few seconds. This will negatively impact your search engine rankings because Google pays attention to user behaviour while ranking web pages. Therefore it is very important to have a responsive web design that can increase comprehension and legibility of your webpage and deliver content in a clean and undistracted manner.
How to make a responsive web design:
After becoming familiar with the benefits of Responsive web design, the next step is to design a responsive webpage. This can be done in the following ways:
- Understand the elements of a responsive web page: A responsive web page is made up of three crucial elements:
- Fluid grid: it helps your web page to become bigger or smaller as per the size of the user’s device. This will definitely help both desktops as well as mobile phone users.
- Flexible image and texts: These images and texts should also become big or small as per the user’s device.
- Media queries: it is the process through which the HTML remains the same, but CSS (Cascading Style sheet) varies as per the device. These things are to be kept in mind while designing the web page.2. Brower’s developers tools: On a PC, using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, you can go to a website and then either hit F12 on your keyboard or right-click and choose “Inspect” to bring up the browser’s developer tools to simulate viewing the website in different screen size modes.
Responsive web pages have become a necessity for becoming user-friendly and featuring in search engine’s top results. It benefits SEO ranking by decreasing the loading time, increasing the time that users spend on the website and getting good reviews and shares from users. It is therefore important to design your webpage in a manner that the view is the same on every device.
Leave a Reply